Rex,

I don't think all corps are crooked. LOL And I do know sonething about running a business as I run two of them. Of course they have to make profits and I don't begrudge them that. However what I'm seeing with my UPS account is gouging and the fact that they know they're are only two major shippers in the U.S. And their guarantee to be on time is not worth the paper it's written on. Shipped some fish in early December to Montana and they sat in Illinois for three days. It took seven days when they were guaranteed to arrive in four. Needless to say they were a bloody mess and UPS didn't give a crap. Don't even try and collect on damage. It's virtually impossible. You can do all this if you don't have competition.

If there there was serious competition for shippers in the U.S. I guarantee you their rates woukd be considerably lower. In fact one shipper, Speedee, that is only confined to a few states at this point, is much lower to ship for comparable distances and I've been told by customers the service is excellent. Unfortunately they are not in Indiana yet.

http://www.speedeedelivery.com/areas.html

My shipping expense is up to 30 percent of the sale price of a fish and I'm not selling them cheap as they are up to $120.00 per fish. Just seems a little too high too me.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/13/15 12:27 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.