Esshup,
My goal was to seek out, size, and purchase the new chains that have rubber tracks over as cross members (rungs) and chains for the 2 long inside and outside lengths. I think there are at least 2 makers of these and they are designed to help not scar up asphalt. Reviews are very positive except when on glare ice rubber cross members do not grip very well. That may be an issue for me if I ever dare put my JD X485 on the ice to clear snow. I didn't know how to size the rubber chains on the slightly larger HDAP tires and so held off on purchasing. Maybe they are the same challenge to install.

Since I already had the metal chains I gave them a whirl and I can see that I might have to ask the next time I buy chains if they need a little bigger size on the larger tires. Thanks for feedback on how it works on your JD345.

I bought the HDAP and rims to have 'winter tires' and 'summer tires' and so the ballasted tires don't run around on the lawn in the summer. Maybe when I take the winter tires off I can more easily fuss with the chains and then keep them stored with the chains secured and very tight so I never have to put them on or take them off again...