Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Originally Posted By: Bob-O
The news people just can't wait for the next disaster.

I sometimes wonder the same thing about oil speculators.

Naah they're only interested in making money (if you're referring to the investors and stock brokers) and looks like they they lost their shirt when prices crashed. Just wish the U.S. and Canadian workers and businesses in the field didn't have to pay the price.

Now how did we get from snow to oil again? grin

Yeah, money was my line of reasoning. It seems that all it takes for gas prices to increase is the mere threat of a hurricane, or the possibility of mideast turmoil. I think the speculators are glued to the world news just looking for the merest, most remote possibility of something happening in order to begin manipulating the market.

Very true. What I find scary is how sensitive the stock market is and that they have computer software that automatically reacts faster than any human. My dad said he saw, I think it was on 60 minutes, where there was a whole room of computers on wallstreet with no human in site. Reminds me of the software some people use on Ebay where you can't sucessfully bid against them.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/27/15 03:02 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.