B. Morris - Another good thing about hyb bgill is they trap well. Can catch lots of them with most any type trap that has opening big enough for the fish to get thru. As soon as I get more time I will post the name & website of a very good fish trap company in WI. If you really want to eliminate the hybrids & since you only have 200, some trapping and/or proper intensive fishing esp w/ live bait, you should be able to severly thin their numbers yet this summer. With some luck their spawn was limited this yr. Since they are pretty aggresive, future fishing and sorting will not leave many in your pond. I'm assuming you can readily and accurately identify pure bgill vs hybrid. Don't get overly concerned your pond is not ruined; just just keep thinning the hybrids and you pretty much will work them out of the system. Always maintain a strong bass population and they will also keep them in check esp since the offspring does not grow as fast & as big as the F1 generation.
Hyb. bgill will definately NOT eat as many fish as the crappie would have eaten. Esp true if hybrids are fed pellets. Also Crappie are really hard to get trained to eat fish food esp in any numbers. The occasional crappie will take pellets. . However the trash offspring from hybrid bgill will not get really nice sized for eating and fillets as compared to pure strain bgill which is a much better choice for a long term quality fishery. I was hopeing that someone would start a topic on the benefits of hybrid bluegill; they have some benefits in special cases. Most nieve pondowners are "sold on them" without fully knowing both sides of the story. Sellers on the fish truck only preach the benefits.
Greenies do "come out" of hybrids after numerous generations; seen it numerous times in small ponds. Those ponds were usu killed off to get rid of the trash.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management