Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Originally Posted By: DonoBBD
Spend your money on air exchange too. Nothing worse then having a new building full of mold because of the high temp and humidity. The HRV's system is really the best fresh air in has its cool temp exchanged with the hot stale air going out. Humidity is collected and run off.

Cheers Don.

FWIW The building inspector made us install an HRV in our new house when we built it last year. Both my general contractor and HVAC contractor told me it is the first time they had to do that on a house. Best explanation I could get is a minimum number of air exchanges are required per day and our house was built so "tight" we needed it to keep the air from getting stale.

Yes in our new house here we had to do the same thing. The homes are so tight now that with out air exchanging it will get moldy and stale in the home. It is building code now. We put in a simplified system with the HRV on our furnace. It turns on when the furnace runs. The HRV has its own control. Currently I have our HRV set to run 20 minutes every hour and off for 40 minutes every hour.

Cheers Don.

Last edited by DonoBBD; 01/14/15 08:25 AM.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.