Bruce, Bill,

It seems the male coppernose and coppernose intergrades seem to have more of a platter profile than the northern strain. Or is this not necessarily the case?

Interestingly at the risk of repeating myself I had a situation happen that surprised me. After one of my trophy pond drainings where I had females escape a cage and breed with the males, which I did not want (breeding takes place under controlled conditions in another smaller pond), I saved several hundred fingerlings for an Amish friend for his new pond. I didn't want them as part of my stock as they didn't have the robust look of the ones from my brood pond that are fed after swim up with artifical feed. I believed they would be inferior.

Turns out they made up for lost time in their new home and his biggest one of 1 lb. 12 oz. eclipses my biggest one of 1 lb. 7 oz.

I think I may have shared this with Bruce and he has said he too has seen them catch up in growth and relative weight.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.