Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Originally Posted By: stickem'
Originally Posted By: TGW1
Who else is running the roads picking up Christmas trees in the front yards for your ponds? I talked my wife into riding with me while I scrounged for trees along streets of Shreveport. She saw a futon in one of the yards, where it was put for the garbage collectors to pick up. And she wanted me to get it, ha I told her we were getting trees and this was not Sanford and Son's. I plan on picking up at least 10 to 20 Christmas trees this weekend. Surely, I am not the only pond guy doing this. smile Adding cover for my CNBG and Fatheads.

TGW1,
I picked up 5 and carried them out to the farm. With the structure that I already have...that should be plenty (3/4 acre pond ~12' tapering to 8', then to 3'. I even considered cutting them in half for use in shallower water...not sure what I will do. I'll ask the PB folks for suggestions.
Charlie

Hey Charlie,

I was thinking about cutting some in half as well, but I read in one of the threads just to lay them down in shallower water.

Bill

Bill,
these trees are easily 5' in diameter...not sure how shallow I could place them without cutting them down or back.
C

...when in doubt...set the hook...