Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Originally Posted By: stickem'
Originally Posted By: Bill D.
Gentlemen...I can only offer one piece of advice...even if you are only going a mile and are in a hurry, never drive an old Ford Jubilee tractor at top speed with the front end loader all the way up filled to capacity with locust fence posts not tied down over a railroad track.

I'd love to have an old restored Ford Jubilee tractor for the farm.

If it's a sentimental thing, than I totally understand. If you will be using it for work, I would probably try and hold out for something with live power...which the Jubilee could have, but not very likely. It might have live hydraulics, but again maybe not.

I have an 801 series Ford, sort of a Jubilee's bigger brother, and while I like it, and it does work hard for me, its days here are numbered. I will be trading if off for a 4WD with live power and hydraulics, and a front end loader that doesn't require a day's work out of three men and a boy to install.

The newer tractors are so much more user-friendly.

Sparkplug,
Yes, the Jubilee would be for nostalgic reasons. The old iron horses have done their time. For me it would be like owning a classic car...mostly for pleasure and show. For work on the farm, I have a 4wd Kubota with loader.
Charlie

...when in doubt...set the hook...