There's a little more to it. At the time I lived in a trailer court. I went to a phone booth and called the owner of the park. He had a trailer puller. I told him what had happened and told him to come pull the car out of the canal but keep his mouth shut. It took longer than I figured it would because he was so close. However, a little later he pulled up. He had notified everybody around about what had happened and there was a regular caravan behind him. Most brought beer. I didn't need that. I already felt dumb enough without everybody agreeing with me.

This was in the early 70's and the car was a pristine, low mileage 59 Ford with a motor and transmission that I had done some interesting things to. I drained and replaced all of the fluids and it started beautifully. I kept it another 5 years. Sometimes during humid weather it had an odd smell. Then weird things like brake springs started breaking. Lots of things that had never broken or gone wrong on any car that I had ever even heard about started happening. Don't remember what I did with it.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP