Originally Posted By: Bill D.
You are the man Cecil!

Plug in the boat.....So I had this 12 foot john boat sitting at the dock that had about 3 inches of water in it. The boat is equipped with a mighty 7 hp outboard so I think I will just take it out, get it going fast and then pull the plug. The water will run out, right? Wrong! I did get the plug back in before I sank! Had a coffee can for bailing so happy ending.....bailing the original 3 inches out would have been a lot faster but then I wouldn't have this story to tell!

Any idea why it didn't work? Too full? It's always worked for me.

On a funny note my cousin who can't swim was driving my boat out of the pier. I was in the front seat. We had some water in the boat and I told him to pull the plug and open up the motor. He just looked at me. I told him again. No response. I told him one more time. He just looks at me with hesitation. I tell him there is nothing to worry about that it really works. He says,"no."

Turns out we fished with wet feet 'cause he was afraid to do it and he wouldn't switch seats. Kind of pissed me off. I drove the boat from then on and I pulled the damn plug if need be! But usually I remembered to pull the plug with the boat on the ramp before we backed it in.

The boat stays in the garage now and never gets wet unless it rains while I'm fishing.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.