Thanks for the info, the square worm farm which Trinity sells is the one I have, and they sell extra trays which I can use. From what I've noticed and subsequently read the best (in terms of less work more yield) type of farms are the ones where the worms can tunnel upwards through the trays when they complete their work on the kitchen wastes in the trays. If your goal (as ours is) is to produce worms for fishing with a beneficial byproduct of casings for plantings, using one deeper bin is more labor intensive. The reason is that as the worms produce the worm casings they have to live in with the casings (their own waste) which becomes more toxic to the worms resulting in smaller worms and eventual death. (I personally prefer my fish to be killing the worms) Single bin systems have to be sorted through to get the worms and that seems like work to me. The stacking tray systems allow the worms to proceed upwards through the layers so the lowest tray has few or no worms when it is done and can be removed, dumped, and restarted on top. Worms for fishing come from the upper trays where they are easily picked out. The worms leave the lower trays when the casings build to a high enough level to bother them and what they leave is great for plants. \:\)

[Linked Image from img.whynotgif.com]
[Linked Image from i68.photobucket.com]