Dave, the USGS says the average person used between 80 to 100 Gallons per day.

SPrkplug, I understand and do not take offense to anyone saying anything about what I do. Like wise if my well only pumped 35 GPM I would not do it either (or if I lived in your geographical area). A good bit of what I have done in the past is a risk taking balancing act. I will not recommend for any person on this site to have over a Ton per acre carrying capacity even though I do it. Basically all I do now it pump warm water in the early cold spells to keep the temps up to increase the length of my growing season. See while it was mid 30's for a low yesterday the high was mid 70's. Next week when it gets 50's and 20's I will not be pumping anymore. Also note it works well in the summer to keep temps and stress down for the higher carrying capacity while adding D.O..

Bobby, That is a thought for something to maybe try in the future. I would love to have some snook. In the past it would cost me about 3K in power to keep the water warm enough to do that all winter. The down side is that much pumping will cost me the good algae. In the past when I pump more that the total pond water volume within 30 days I pretty much flush it. I have to try and balance it when extending growing season by pumping warm water during cold hrs so I do not flush it.