Originally Posted By: Dwight
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: Sunil
I don't think there is really anything stopping an honorable member from making a post saying "I'm selling a few tanks. If anyone is interested, send me a PM."

Or something like that.

I did just that a couple of months ago with some extra yellow perch I ended up selling to Jamie. I got a PM from one of the mods that one or more of the mods weren't comfortable with my post as I wasn't a paying advertiser. Hence my impetus for the buy, swap, and sell category.

Here's the message. I left the name of the mod off was he was acting in good faith and who he is is not important.

Quote:
I had to delete your post. It violates forum rules about selling without being an advertiser. The Mods kicked it around some and decided that it had to go.

Due to the contributions you make, I decided to not see it for a couple of days. However, we run the risk of "If that guy can do it, why can't I?". That's what I call the little bit pregnant rule.

PM means Private Mail, not post-able mail.

My apologies. I thought since I did not use the name it was suited to make a point.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.