So what do you guys look for to determine sex on the CNBG?

Small opercular?
Coloration?
Scale tipping?
Size?
Copper band on forehead?

Do any of these traits carry more weight than others, when you make a decision? I like to take multiple features into consideration, but I've always thought there were a couple of traits that carried more weight than others, namely the large opercular and scale tipped shoulders that I considered particular to males. Do you find this to hold true on CNBG?

I really thought Al's fish looked female, based on it's projected nose body dynamic, overall coloration, light chest area, and lack of scale tipping. But, I didn't know that it was only 5" long. If that fish had identical features except for being 8" long, would the prognosis still be female?

Another example is George's photos, 2 and 3. I don't know the length, but from my perspective I don't see any scale tipping, and I see a small opercular. However, those fish have a deep bronze or golden breast area, which I see on males up here, especially during the spawn. So to me, I have contradictory markers on the same fish. In this case I might let size help me decide.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand these southern bluegills.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.