Every website I participate in similar to this website has one. It doesn't have to be in competition with the commercial vendors here that sell retail as a business and advertise here. I'm talking about the average Joe or Jill here that has something pond related to sell or swap like a used pump, or a few fish, or something that someone else could use here. Not someone that regularly sells things as a business and therefore wouldn't be in competition with the advertisers here.

Case in point: I have a hobby farm where I try and hatch most of my own fish and then grow them out for my market selling trophy fish to fellow taxidermists. Every year I have a few hundred extra YOY fish and I'd be happy to sell them at a competitive price to someone here that resides in my state. I have no interest in producing fish solely for stocking ponds and don't have the capacity if I did. However the way the site is set up I have to be regular advertiser to do so, which would probably exceed the selling price of a few extra fsh.

It could be a revenue generator for the website as a small fee could be charged to post something for sale or swap. Or one could get the green light to post something if the poster agrees to make a donation of his choice? Or if you donate to the website at some point in the year you are free to post something for swap or sale?

I'm sure there are some negatives but I think if one could learn from other sites or address the potentional negatives with intelligent thought and this new category would enhance the website.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/31/14 09:09 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.