My previous post was correct. DPX-MP062 is DuPont's designation for the "technical material" (undiluted product) INDOXACARB. This tech-material is 99.95% active-ingredient, whereas the formulated product sold as ADVION contains only .045% active-ingredient.

The DuPont representative with whom I spoke admitted that the MSDS is easily misunderstood, since it doesn't distinguish the significant difference between DPX-MP062 and ADVION. As a result, DuPont will likely amend the MSDS to more accurately define the ecotox data in relation to the formulated product.

Now then, I did a few extrapolations on the tech-material's ecotox figures. Considering that the tech-material is 2,200 times the concentration of the marketed formulation known as ADVION, the following should bear true.

NOTE: "96hr LC50" represents the concentration (given as milligrams per liter of water) that is required to cause 50% mortality (death) of the designated test population during a 4-day exposure period.

If the DPX-MP062 tech-material has a 96 hr LC50 of .90 mg/L for bluegill sunfish, this would correlate to approximately 5,087.76 lbs of ADVION per acre-foot of water.

I think the probability of reaching anywhere near this degree of ADVION contamination in a pond, through rainfall-runoff, is virtually impossible (physically or fiscally).

Due to ADVION's low level of toxicity, the EPA classifies it as "practically non-toxic".

For what its worth, if someone were to register water (H20) as a pesticide with the EPA, it would also receive a "practically non-toxic" designation - since consuming too much of it might have lethal effects (presumably preceded by a bladder explosion).

Despite the above indications, it is always a good practice to avoid any pesticide treatments where unneccessary contamination risks are obvious. For that reason, the ADVION label's verbiage that recommends avoiding run-off contamination is found on ALL pesticide labels.

I hope this post addresses some of the previously expressed concerns. Let me know if there are any questions.