I think that is pretty much what happened to me. I'm completely clueless as to the fate of my original 125 RES stocked but they were 3" fish and stocked soon after the pond filled so I don't think they were all eaten but don't know. But what you say makes perfect sense because I've seen no recruitment of anything but GSF. That Is why I've been on a mission of taking out GSF and BH while at the same time adding BG regularly that are large enough to not be eaten by the GSF. Also added a half dozen LMB at 9" that are now up to about a foot.

I figure to keep removing GSF and adding 4 to 5" BG untill I start seeing recruitment in the BG.

That should work shouldn't it? Add more LMB as I start seeing lots of forage.

I have my main pond right near this pond for a stocking source and right now in it I have an abundance of 4_5" BG and my 12" LMB will not spawn till next year in that pond. So I figure there is not much problem removing some of that 4_5" size class BG from my main pond. Probably have transferred maybe 250 BG so far.

Eventually the GSF will have to be overpowered if I keep this process up will they not?

Will raise some more RES up big enough size to escape predation in my forage and sediment ponds then also add them to the old pond.

I don't see how the GSF can win at this game as long as I keep adding fish too big for them to eat while at the same time remove all the GSF I have the time and energy to remove.

It has become a quest!

Last edited by snrub; 10/14/14 08:05 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine