Originally Posted By: Hesperus
Soiiiitanly!

Now I just need to find the time and a solid plan of attach to find the adults and see how they are doing. I typically only get an hour or so per visit to fish as I have ongoing projects, but I think I'm catching up. With the perch I have no idea where they are hanging out. I can only guess deeper water.

The young'uns are liking the stump/roots that I sank next to the dock and shallow shelf that the boat used to park on. It's been so rainy that I pull the boat up on the dock so that it drains so the shelf has been exposed.

Congrats!

Fish with minnows or worms within a foot of the bottom in your deepest water (if you have decent DO down there) and you should find them. They're actually a very reliable species to find and catch. Minnows work the best.

I prefer to use a slip bobber rig for depth control and to keep them from swallowing the bait. Keep sliding your stopper line up the line towards you until the the float sits on its side due to the bsit lying on the bottom. Then pull the stopper line away from you six or twelve inches and you're set to go.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/13/14 09:34 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.