Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
Cecil, how much profit is there in selling for $75. If you don't wish to share, I understand. Just seems like a lot of work to produce such an amazing fish...

Actually quite profitable. More than taxidermy! What work? It's like throwing feed to chickens once a day!

Let's just say $7500.00 revenue from about 100 fish more than makes up for the purchase of yearling trout, feed, freezing, shrink wrapping, and the power to pump the well for 14 months if I harvest them after two years. If I harvest them after three years the price goes up. Keep in mind there is no feeding for a total of 8 months of those two years or 12 months of three years (ice cover).

My advertising is free (a worldwide taxidermy website) and my labor is free. I have people that can't wait to help me harvest the fish by hook and line that will weigh, measure, catalog whatever I want for me. I have a group of anglers I can trust.

That said I'd like to move it all inside where I can produce four species of trout and more pounds at an even lower cost using much less water. Using an airlift system to move water will reduce pumping costs considerably. Also UV to prevent any bacterial issues and morts.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/12/14 08:20 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.