Yep! With my pond a foot higher than what it is now, I estimated leakage loss to be 18 gpm, and at least double (maybe triple) that at full pool if the groundwater level was still low. Reason for that is the bottom of the pond would increase by approx. 3x the amount that it is now, plus there would be approx 2 psi more pressure on the leaks.

Cecil, I think that people could get by with higher water temps than 65°F if they could keep their O2 levels at or near saturation. I fyke netted Golden Rainbows from a clients pond with water temps in the mid 70's and the pond at saturation level with regards to O2. Pond is only 7' deep max. 3 diffuser stations, each with 2 Vertex diffuser discs, and a Kasco surface agitator were running 24/7. No well water was being pumped into the pond. As far as I know, the last trout was caught with water temps approaching 80°F. Pond is slightly larger thean 3/4 ac.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).