Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
I must have lost tons of fish - thinking primarily forage or small panfish but who knows. I did see grass shrimp struggling against the current popping out of the water just before rolling through the tube. It's the first and only time anything more than a trickle has been through the pipe. I think my emergency spillway was almost used, which is nutso considering my small watershed.

I was curious if anything was passing through my overflow pipes from my sediment and forage ponds into my main pond. In about 5 minutes of holding a net over the outlet of each only caught one half grown FHM from the sediment pond. Yet I could go to the inlet side and swipe the net two feet in front of the inlet and get several minnows with each swipe. So not many passing through. But these overflow pipes are only 6 inch so maybe not enough flow to suck them in. Just my experience. In my situation, I would actually like to see some pass through these pipes, but of course not out my main pond overflow, so kind of hard to have it both ways.

Last edited by snrub; 10/03/14 09:51 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine