I recommend getting Cecil genetics in your pond ASAP. He's been selectively breeding these YP for generations - I'd be exceedingly proud/lucky to have some out here in NE.

I do not believe the qty or size of YP will impact your forage base at all. First, they will continue to focus on pellets which relieves stress from your forage base. Next, consider the gape of a 4-5" YP - can probably barely fit an AM 600 pellet, let alone do much damage on your forage base. A 2" FHM isn't skinny and I think it would be quite a mouthful for a 4-5" YP.

I would stock the YP now while you have access to Cecil genetics - never know what the supply will be next year as fish raising success is far from certain and many factors come to play annually - most of them unforeseen or out of our control.

In regards to spawning - I had 6" gravid females and 5" males milting this Spring - so I think a spawn could happen for you. Recruitment creates an additional, abundant forage base from which the SMB stocking in the Fall of 2015 will benefit. I would not be concerned with YP population management - my SMB, WE and HSB manage my populations TOO well.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]