great job on having both the soil and water data for comparison. not sure what SAR stands for.

could you have the lime dumped and hire a local guy w/ a 4wd kubota or backhoe?

i hope the residential subdivision is on piped sewer.....if not, and they all have septics, you might want to monitor bacteria levels (e coli, strep, etc.) particularly if you'll be swimming in it.

edited post.....these kinds of things drive me crazy.........oh oh.....i feel an "ewest" post coming on........

SAR
SAR is the sodium adsorption ratio, which indicates a possible sodium hazard. It relates the amount of sodium relative to calcium and magnesium in water.

When the SAR is >3, the water is sodic, and can increase the exchangeable sodium percentage (ESP) of the soil.

When the ESP of a soil is >6%, the soil is likely to disperse and adversely affect soil structure, causing reduced infiltration, percolation and drainage, cloddy seedbeds and poor seedling emergence if crusting and sealing of the surface soil occurs.

The adverse impact of sodicity in water is related to its salinity. There is a risk of both reduced infiltration and declining soil structure if the water has moderate to high SAR but low ECw. There will be no reduction in the rate of infiltration of water with moderate to high ECw, regardless of whether the SAR is high or low, but the sodicity hazard remains.

The main danger is when soil sodicity increases due to using sodic water, and the soil disperses in a wet year or when fresh channel water is used.

The summary guidelines for interpreting water SAR values are:

<3 : no problems as the water is non sodic
3 to 6 : minor effect on clayey soils if ECw is <1.5
>6 : has increasing effect on all soils at low to moderate salinity (up to 2.5 dS/m) and starts to reduce growth of most crop and pasture plants
>9 : severe risk of increasing soil sodicity on most soils
If SAR is >6, refer to the table in the Agfact Using saline water for irrigation for salinity tolerance levels and seek advice from NSW Agriculture.

taken from the following link:

discussion of SAR

GSF are people too!