John, for what it's worth, I have a similar problem in which I unknowingly stocked HBG that the hatchery sold me as BG. When I realized this, we made a trip to a local lake that had been stocked about 1 year earlier with BG and transplanted 100. I also have LMB.

That was 2 years ago. My plan was to keep all the HBG as we catch them and toss back all BG. However, now that some of the HBG have reached 8 to 9", I have a hard time removing them knowing that next year they'll be even bigger. Like Dave said, we love catching those big ones. So now the plan is to remove all HBG caught except for any 8" or larger.

I know plenty of the HBG are females based on the eggs I find when filleting them, but I don't think a significant number of the offspring survive the LMB predation. Fly fishing with small nymphs, I catch plenty of small 2 to 3" BG, but rarely any small HBG. So I think as long as the BG spawn in greater numbers than the HBG, and we keep removing the majority of HBG caught, with the help of the LMB we should see their numbers reduced to the point of not being a factor.