Originally Posted By: liquidsquid
Unfortunately there is no standard text, font, or color to indicate you are joking or it is intended in fun, or sarcasm. So much is lost in translation vs. face to face these days.

The sad truth is many of us are quite poor at the written language, and it can be taken wrong (or in many cases here, a complete mess leaving me scratching my head). I think we all need a babelfish in our forum ponds.

I will miss Cecil and his love of perch on this forum.

This is what our society has come to today...We communicate via electronics like no other generation has done before... The day of meeting at the flag pole and taking care of a simple misunderstanding is gone...

I feel sorry for my kids because they will never be able to make the same mistakes that I made as a kid without the world knowing about it... With a camera on every phone and people with no compassion because they were never taught or because of what they have grown to know as the norm...

As for forums, yep been on my share... There are always going to be people that know and people that think they know.. There are also people that are passionate about the topics being discussed and head hunters (people looking to make a buck)... Sometimes its hard to tell the difference...Don't take this wrong, but I always check the facts of even the people that KNOW... I also feel sorry for the people that join a forum and take the first words of advice they get even it is correct..

My words of advice is it truly takes 2 for confrontation... And fuel usually adds to the fire...If you see something you don't like or misunderstand, let it be... If it was meant as an insult it will get buried fast.. If is was posted out of text, it will usually sort itself out by the original poster..