Originally Posted By: outdoorlivin247
My orthoP test resuts came back at .079 and Bill Cody checked my nitrates when I sent him a sample of the blue-green algae and it was 1.1-1.2... The n to p ratio is definitely below the 20 to 1 ratio and closer to where the blue-green thrives per many articles I have read..I have a gallon of 28 liquid N in my shed but can't get the blue green cut back far enough to add for fear of it really blowing up... I did have my yard fertilized all the way to the edge of the pond with a 32-0-8 slow release N fertilizer per Ted Lea's suggestion on the fert...Normally don't do around the pond... Needless to say the rain we have had I am sure my nitrate level is up, but haven't had a chance to get a good nitrate tester yet..

Also talking to people about phoslock or even alum, but they say my P reading is really not that high.. And binding might eliminate enough that I can't get a bloom started at all?..

As for FA, yes I pretty much have it the full season...

This pond is right out my back door and I have two little boys that want to be in it constantly and their mom has put a stop to it because of the way it looks and smells...

Got rid of mom while you can.. smile

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]