Russ - I commonly see filamentous algae blooms in new ponds where the surrounding watershed was fertilized to grow new grass. I think the fertilizer rinsing in from the newly seeded area caused the filamentous growth. I think the lime helped produce the blue-green hue. Since the water is gradually getting colder you probably will not get a decent phytoplankton bloom anymore this year. The water temperature around 60F in spring is the common goal for starting to grow phytoplankton. I am not sure when is the best time for you to add lime, now or in spring. Adding lime now will give it time to dissolve and establish more alkalinity to your water. Adding fertilizer in spring with filamentous algae existing on the bottom will no doubt just stimulate more filamentous algae growth and very little phytoplankton.

Someone who regularly fertilizes ponds could give you better advice on this topic.

Your pond cleared very fast (in a couple days). Maybe the lime helped to speed the settling of sediment.

Did you stock the small pond with all male bgills or a mixed sex?.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management