Although I really believe in balance, I now realize that balance can be a very slippery slope and is a never ending battle. That balance depends on my goals, cash, time, nature(rain), and breaks of the game.

And, as I have learned here, over the years, geography also is a huge variable. What I know usually works here isn't even close in other areas of the country. An Auburn or TAMU trained Biologist would have to unlearn and relearn an astounding amount of "stuff" to be effective elsewhere. And, some people don't really progress from the University. It is my PERSONAL belief that the members of this site have often exceeded the University types/stereotypes. The best of the bunch was Dave Willis. He often responded "We just don't know".

Without experimentation, we don't get anywhere. A couple of points: I remember a younger Condello, quite a few years ago, being told that he probably couldn't grow monster redears in his area. He responded that he just might be the guy to prove that wrong. He did. Meadowlark was told that tiapia would ruin a pond. He was just stubborn enough to experiment and prove that wrong. Quite a few years ago, a lot of people on this site were trying to grow 10 inch BG. George, Meadowlark and I had already done it. Mine was an accident while trying to grow big enough BG to feed big bass. Bobby Rice is stocking saltwater fish in fresh water ponds. Nate believes that he can grow the worlds record bass in the midwest. And, he just might. And the list goes on. Some guys just aren't going to fail.

I, on the other hand, have killed millions of fish when I started questioning "I wonder what would happen if?". Maybe someday I'll hit it right on some of my wild ideas.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 05/30/14 05:31 PM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP