I'm currently having the fox chicken problem. I let mine free range. At one point I was loosing 1 a week. I've put a radio in the chicken house and it seems to be helping. My chickens rock around the clock. Knock on wood. I currently have 6 black sex links, 5 buff brahma bantams and 10 mixed brown egg layers. I get a green egg now and again. I have more chicks coming weds. 10 white leghorns pullets, 2 Roos and 10 more buff brahma bantams. I have 15 ducks too. Lol. They are making my pond muddy. Going to have to do something about them. I love the eggs but I like my clean water better. Ducks also suck in the way they will not go to bed till completely dark. The chickens go to bed with the sun. I'm currently trying out this incubator. 3 eggs took. Hatch day is Sunday. I had poor stock from a friend I'm guessing. The eggs sat out all day at work too. So I spdont know. I currently have no roosters is only reason I used his but my daughter loves it all and it makes her smile. She is going to sell the eggs for her collage/car account. Really I'm just paying for feed, chickens and money is recycled back into her savings. The non-gmo eggs bring the best money around here so that's the route I'm going. There's a sizable niche market. Anyway I could talk about chickens all day just like I can ponds. Better head over the back yard chickens forum.
Brinsea Mini Advance Hatching Egg Incubator.
http://amzn.com/B008HVM5SY

Last edited by John Wann; 05/27/14 03:42 AM.

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.