Originally Posted By: esshup
I was told that if a private pond does not have a permanent inflow or outflow, then no stocking permit was needed. If a private pond DID have a permanent inflow or outflow, then the pond owner had to apply AND receive a stocking permit before any fish could be stocked.

So I guess us fish guys also have to be the police and ask to see the stocking permit before stocking the fish?

There's a HUGE difference between aquaculture rules and pond stocking rules. Aquaculture rules are much stricter.

I talked to a person who's boss is Dr. Barr. They kept trying to tell me that I needed to have my facilities here inspected. It finally took me asking her. O.K. So when will a person be available to inspect my facility? When she asked for the address and found out that it was in Indiana (like I was trying to tell her for the previous 1/2 hr) she said no inspection was needed because I was out of state. I swear, it was like talking to a brick wall.

Like I said par for the course up there. Even resident fish farmers have fits with Michigan rules. John Nelski can give you an earful.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.