Originally Posted By: DonoBBD
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Just found my first one. Water temp is between 49.9 and 49.4 from top to bottom. Very breezy and the last time I checked air temp was 65 F.

Some aquashade but only had 1/4th gallon added and will add more later. Diffusers mot cranked up yet. I see no point if the wind is doing a good job of mixing as is evident by the homogenus temps from top to bottom.

Hey bro why the aquashade? Do you have plant problems? I just add colour for the colour and slow the growth of FA. I like to let it go for a bit in the spring till it starts to turn green...the water that is. Then add it to slow the growth of the plankton.

This spring the dirt blown in from the wind mixed with the snow and ice was crazy. After the ice/snow melt the water went really brown from the dirt. Only 18"s of vis but dark brown not clay brown more top soil brown. I really want to add aquashade for looks but feel its better to let nature warm and start to go green first. I expect to have our biggest Yellow perch spawn ever this year with most all of the 400 perch over 8"s.

Any thoughts on my process? You all know I am engineer nuts.

Cheers Don.

No idea on what to do in your case.

I use the Aquashade to reduce the bottom growth of Chara somewhat. I hoped it would keep the Sago Pond in check, but either I don't use enough or the Sago Pondweed doesn't need much light. I don't mind some macropyhites but don't want it out of control.

Since there is no reproduction in the pond, and all the fish are pellet fed, I don't see the dye as an issue in retarding phtoplankton.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.