Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
flippinphil, welcome to the forum.

Just curious, why did the fisheries guy from A&M say to get rid of the APW. Wonderful plant, not real invasive or hard to control, fish love it, and you have a plastic frog. All that seems like the perfect scenario for fun.

Great question! He actually said it is native and great habitat. We discussed the depth of the pond and the fact that it did not have anywhere to really spread. He said it would probably become thicker with fertilizer. Made a comment that many have a hard time fishing around it, but with a boat not really an issue. There is also some dock access that is outside of the APW. I am hesitant to remove any of it - just don't know what to expect with fertilizer. I also read somewhere were vegetation can use the fertilizer so that no bloom occurs (somewhere in the archives); however, seems that would be widespread vegetation, which is not the case. His recommendation to treat was to thin it rather than eliminate entirely. It seems treating the algae would make it much more fishable. Other than 31 christmas trees I put in this January, it's really the only cover in the pond.

Last edited by flippinphil; 03/21/14 10:07 PM.

2.4 acre pond N Ft Worth/Keller