OK, so I got to compare the Echo CS-271T and the Stihl 192T side by side. The Echo weighs 6.6 lbs at 26ccs and the Stihl weighs 7.0 lbs at 30.1cc's. Pretty much not a noticeable difference. I think both saws would serve my purpose well so there was not a bad choice. I spoke with the store's repair guy about both saws. I ended up going with the Stihl, mainly due to their warranty. I can take my Stihl to any dealership in the country and they will honor my warranty. At least in Hawaii, Echo has been slow to respond to warranty work. I asked him about the flip tops being troublesome. He said that they were in the past but Stihl has redesigned them so they fall into place easier. They seem easy to navigate to me (bare handed of course). The repair guy was most helpful and filled the fuel and oil, discussed the starting procedures, and we fired it up. Cranked over on the 3rd pull, took off the choke and it fired right up. Either saw would have served me well, but I took some of you guys advice and bought straight from a dealer, who is there to service me after the sale. Next weekend I'll be taking down a jack fruit tree so we'll see how it performs.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions.

Last edited by roadwarriorsvt; 03/12/14 09:00 PM.