As far as floating the tops of the trees it might be as simple as tying a couple of 2 liter Coke bottles with string to the tops.

Where I am diving they have temperature sensors places around the island on ropes tied to weights on the bottom. The sensors are at certain depth levels, then the rope extends up a ways from there. To float these sensors they do not use any high tech foam or plastic floats. Two 2 liter Coke bottles with the caps tight and string around the necks tied to the rope. They last a few years and as one of the bottles goes bad of the pair a diver replaces it.

I bet two or three Coke bottles tied to the top of the tree would be enough to maintain it upright. Two few and the tree would lie down. Too many and the bottles would float the tree in mid water till the but of the tree hit a shore line somewhere. But the bottles would be visable on the surface, which you probably would not want. Or maybe you would so you knew where the tree was to fish it.

Just an idea and cheap to try.

I supplied one of the Coke bottles one time as the divers that come around once a week came in the resort. I told them one of the bottles had failed and they thanked me and that they did not have one with them. I had an empty in my room, they took it, thanked me, and tied it on as a replacement when they took the sensor readings.

They last a lot longer than a person would imagine when covered with algae and deep enough so the sun does not deteriorate the plastic.

Last edited by snrub; 02/22/14 09:04 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine