Andy, thanks for the info., I do have 2 island 75' off shore along the east side of the lake that blocks the west winds. This is where I want to establish the water lillies. I would like to build a floating "T" dock out from the main land shoreline and out to the 2 islands in the next couple of weeks. The lillies would be planted around the docks protected by the two islands that are A 100' long each and A. 75' apart some 75' off shore. I would like some high blooming plants for water 4-5' deep. These waterlillies would also provide some cover for my newly stocked LMB to the lake and some great fishing in this area for my kids. Should I plant only large hybrid waterlillies. The only waterlillies that survived the winter in this part of the lake where the two tubs that had red attractions in it. Do I still need to fertile them and could I also add native white water lillies in these tubs with a different clay mixture from the sand and gravel bottom in the lake for a better survival rate? Thanks

Rowly