OK, lets say I have a 1hp pump that is pushing 6660gph at 10ft head pressure drawing 7.3 amps (900wt) at120v. I say "let's say" because I can't find my exact pump and this is the closest specs I can find on the net. Also remember that there will be much more water movement than your gph because when under water you are dragging more water along with the column of water that the pump is producing the same way that air drags water as it rises to the surface. As i stated before, i am also moving the water from one side of the pond to the other, which an air compressor cannot do. This allows for your flow rate to move surface water back to the pump on the other side of the pond creating a larger loop of water movement. Also, you can't really compare direct water movement (gph) to cfm of air discharge as different Diffusers and other variables will change those numbers. Not to mention that you are not comparing the same thing. Is there a conversion between gph and cfm? I'm not trying to be difficult here, I'm just trying to figure it all out and this is how my brain works.