Originally Posted By: sprkplug
I think that as long as the drain/fill times remained a constant, it would probably work.....but, I wouldn't do it if it were me. I would want the pump on/off circuit actuated by something more directly influenced by the water level itself, rather than elapsed time.

I still like the float idea, and I still believe it could be accomplished safely and reliably without taking out a second mortgage. It just seems to me to be the best fit for the situation at hand.

You're probably right but we shall see.

The worst thing that could happen with the timer is the well could continue to flow when not needed, or not start up. Which either way if caught in a reasonable amount of time would not be a disaster, as in flooding or no water -- since the system is a recirculating system and would have an overflow.

All I know is I want to get away from using 64,800 gpd to produce 500 lbs. of trout in 2 years! It's profitable but a terrible waste of ground water! And as we talked about with our state coming up with a "water plan" it could get interesting in the next few years.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 12/23/13 08:25 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.