Thanks Zep.

I have plenty of area to put the feeder on the bank but 2 things came to mind, for me.

Critters, I am surrounded by trees, bayous, swamps, etc. We have critters that I think we shouldn't have walking these grounds but nevertheless, are walking, watching, waiting in the depth for a free meal so I elected to put the feeder in the water to lesson the temtation. The feeder is actually over about 10-12' of water. 2-1/2 years with no issues to date.....

People, you will be amazed how people find your belongings and will remove them without thinking twice. I carry tools with me all the time and having a cable wrapped around something on a dock isn't that big of a deal to cut with the right tool or unscew with an battery powered tool. Being over the water, this presents a bit more of a challenge and my deter the honest theif to stay honest. Harcore? may be another story but with increased difficulty, it may offer me a chance to catch them in the act.

Knowing the cost of the feeder and the food within, I would come up with a plan that is managable for you to fill the feeder but yet deter
whomever I can from taking it away.

Think long and hard on what you are willing to risk by putting it on the dock, how to best secure it, what benifits you all will get in return, and finally how much are you willing to lose by putting it where you decide to put it.

Please don't get me wrong but wanted to bring up what crossed my mind and why I did what I did and pass that along to whomever could benifit from the advice. I have to work hard for what I have, give enough away to the goverment already without carrying that over into other people in the area or passing through with my belongings.

Coupe

I subscribe!