Originally Posted By: sprkplug
Could you rent/borrow a pole saw and cut the trees from the topside, then hook them with a rope or cable and drag em' up?

Sprk, I do have a gas powered pole saw (I'm a project and powertool junkie) and along with a brush-grubber chain (which I don't have), rope and/or hook, they all would work well,,, for the most part.

Starting top-side maybe I'll be able to access more than I think near the water but there's quite a bit of rooted brush just above the waterline.

Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
LOL, so easy to wait until Spring, but this guy has cabin fever! Creating projects to do - me too.

Start ice fishing, you'll forget all about the brush - this will be our best ice season over the past several years.

It's not so much cabin fever as it is keeping the debris from falling in the pond. Believe me, I have plenty of projects that DON'T require being in bitterly cold weather. I just built and replaced 2 barn doors and have a floor-pan to replace in a buddy's '91 Dodge Ram (I'm a former body-man as well), among others on the list. But these jobs can be done in the shed, out of that bitter cold!

And as far as ice fishing goes;

I think I could learn to like it cool

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 12/11/13 07:41 PM.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES