Originally Posted By: DonoBBD
Originally Posted By: Todd3138
Sounds like a good haul.

I shot two anterless so far. Didn't see any bucks but also didn't really hunt hard. I am more interested in meat than the rack. We have two more antlerless periods coming up this month - 18th - 20th and 28th - 31st - so I hope to get at least two more.

Hunted with my AR15 this year for the first time as I got the optics and laser zeroed in a couple of months ago. More than anything it was just fun hunting with my 8 year old as he loves that rifle. I am impressed with it - 2 standing and unbraced shots, 2 kills. The sucker is dialed in! I was thoroughly impressed with how well it shot. One was a head shot with the laser at about 120 yards and the second was a neck shot through the scope in a bunch of brush. Both dropped on the spot.

Nice wish we could hunt with exotic guns here but no chance. Those head and neck shots will drop them like a rock.

We only have two weeks a year we can hunt with shot gun and the others are bow hunts. Shot gun is first week of November and the first week of December.

Cheers Don.

Move to Michigan! You can red neck it across the boarder whistle