Dang! It is cold here -- for us. Supposed to go down to 16F tonight, and we've had nasty howling winds since mid-morning. Snow flurries predicted for tomorrow, and possibly ”significant” snow late Tuesday, into Wednesday of next week. I hope not.

Late yesterday afternoon I went down to a neighboring creek to get some creek chubs, in hopes of pulling the last of the big CC out of my main pond.

Nothing happened on my overnight lines. But, I got two very nice LMB late this morning on two of those creek chubs. Both times, I thought I had a bunch of leaves, or a sunken tree branch. The LMB looked very healthy, but they were just about lifeless. I threw both of them into cages at the end of my dock, and both swam off vigorously. I don't know what my water temps are, but even the trout in the smaller put-and-take pond quit feeding over a week ago.

Sometime next week, if we are ice-free, I plan to pull the cages. I figure there must be at least enough fillets for several large neighborhood winter fish frys.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!