Well 1450' later, running through mostly poison oak, mulberries, scrub oaks and Lord only knows what else, thank goodness for cool neighbors! There's no way we could shoot accurate elevations through what you couldn't even see 3' in front of your face but it appears to be going for 1 day anyway.

I'm actually impressed with the flow of a 10' head and 35' drop with 2" pipe. Thank goodness I didn't pay much attention to an engineers forum where I was following a thread about someone couldn't get 600' to siphon. People were saying friction loss, even in a 600' run would be too great that it wouldn't pump enough water. I haven't measured it yet but my guess is Im getting about 50 gpm or really close. Now if I were pumping this water I might experience some major friction loss but the effects of a siphon must somehow relieve some effects of friction loss because of the vacuum. Heck, if this pumps for 3 days before breaking it's better than running a pump

I am seeing air bubbles, mostly in the first 30 minutes as to be expected since I know theres up and down over sticks and all the other crap I encountered along the way but it appears the wall of water is actually pushing the air downstream and out the pipe since it continually gained flow over the first hour