It is starting to look like a pond.

FINALLY got to the bottom and got the dozer on semi-solid ground so I can get something done. Probably have 2/3 of the deepest part of the bowl cleaned out. If I can get the lower portion all cleaned out even if it rains and water accumulates in the bottom I can work on the shallower portions with runoff contained on the deepest portion.

You can see in the photos what 50 years of muck accumulation looks like in a pond. Raining today so wish I could have got another day in and would have had the deep part done. I did get a deep hole made away from the remaining muck and if we get only a little runoff it should accumulate there and not bother the process too bad. If we get a gully washer what you see in the pictures may be what the bottom of the pond looks like going forward.

I am in that tiny portion of SE Kansas that gets something like 42" rainfall annual average and sometimes it starts raining in the fall and does not dry out till spring. Hopefully not this year. They are only calling for small rainfall amounts this event. Made to to about 10' depth max and that is where I will quit.

snrub

Attached Images
Jpond3 024.JPG Jpond3 025.JPG Jpond3 031.JPG
Last edited by snrub; 10/29/13 10:44 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine