I really think that this will come in and your like most first time pond builders paranoid all your hard work is for not if it wont hold water. It really takes time for the built up banks to take and hold. You need enough rainfall to perk through and pack. The fine plates in the clay do take time to line up and seal.

I truly believe that the PH or polarity of the clay has more to do with sealing than most of us think. Different elements in the clay will retain more ions of water and take more water to fill. Then if the water and clay have equal polarity she just will not seal or lump up. I have walked the edges of my pond and found areas where I can go clear to my knee in clay muck and other areas where I barely sink in an inch even after being packed. This pond is only a year old too. We have very very heavy clay so heavy years ago our township was Ontario's largest producers of clay brick.

You only need to really worry if you have very very clear water and the pond is still leaking. Try to work on other projects and don't over think the leak. It will be fine in time.

Cheers Don.

Last edited by DonoBBD; 10/23/13 06:54 AM.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.