Thanks for sharing, MSC.

I have a 500 gallon decorative pond in a suburban area of San Jose, CA. My pond went unbothered by raccoons for 6 years. Then all of a sudden they "discovered" the pond and began to come regularly to try their hand at fishing. The pond is only two feet deep, so they did have some luck on occasion. So... I bought a Havahart model 1079 and baited it with cat food. On the first night, I caught the neighbor's cat. :-) Caught an adult 'coon almost immediately afterward and gave it a new address about 10 miles away on the banks of Lexington Reservoir. A week later, I caught an adult skunk and relocated it to Lexington Reservoir as well. Unfortunately, not two weeks passed when the pond was again disturbed. In spite of the fact that I keep the trap baited, I haven't been able to catch any critters for the last three months. They are still coming around, disturbing the fish and plants big time... yet I'm unable to catch them. Sometimes the trap is sprung but empty. More often, they haven't even gone near it. Any ideas for how I might get rid of these critters???