Esshup my pond is one acre.

As I remember Zetts started in business around 1900 when they didn't have chemicals to speak of and so a more natural means was used to control ponds. Once he saw the grass carp eating his bass spawn he quit using them for plant control, but said that Israeli & KOI carp did a good job for that. He said when he would drain a pond with the two types of carp that had been in it and the bottom of the pond looked like it had a comb run through it. Of course that causes turbidity but I didn't think it was so bad in my pond. Then you have the green pea bloom also and I think there was a mixture of both.

Zetts listed the FA eaters as first, Israeli Carp, second, KOI, third, channel cats, and he kept all three in his ponds for FA control. I think he was right with the channel cats. I was once at a pond seminar talking to a guy that had bad FA but didn't use to. I told him about the fish used by Zetts to control FA and he said that he had had a lot of channel cats but made a concerted effort to rid the pond of them, and that’s when the FA started showing up. So in my experience Zetts was on to something that worked.