So your siphon system is the green or blue colored pvc with gasketed hubs? I have used it for a lot of this stuff and its called 3034 sewer pipe.

If this is what you used do you have an estimate of how many feet down into pond, then through dam and then down the back? I'm worried about the strength of the system in a full siphoning action for a day or so, I have 60 acres of watershed in the Willamette valley Oregon and it just finished raining 2" a day for 3 days straight.

We have 2 other large ponds and one of them is basically using a 12" corrugated culvert pipe on the native soil on the corner of the dam and it looks like a 12" firehose during some of our rain events

I did a calculation of gravity flow and the velocity is around 15 FPS, I'm guessing sewer pipe can handle this with little trouble, I just don't know is any pressure builds against the top and bottom 22.5 fitting on the downhill side produces pressure with that type of velocity. Hubbed 3034 sewer pipe can only handle 10 lbs of pressure

Last edited by Huskerduck; 10/02/13 06:44 PM.