I think you are dealing with multiple problems. The first is that very few members of this Forum have experience on the magnitude of a 50 acre lake. Only Greg and other Pro's have been there. That's why you didn't get quick responses.

Your tremendous opportunities are pretty well matched by potential problems and the need for ever increasing oversight and maintenance.

Aquatic vegetation management has very few options. Chemicals work but the dying vegetation can create increased nutrients to bring on more vegetation. Sterile grass carp are considered a natural remedy in lieu of chemicals. However, they won't feed on all vegetation. The bigger they get, the less appetite they have and they're not easy to catch and remove. Thus, smaller ones have to be restocked. If they do eat it all they will root in the mud for more and make a mess. Sometimes fertilization works by depriving the plants of sunlight. Other times it just fertilizes a bunch of weeds.

No easy answers and no inexpensive ways out on something this size. That's why I would hire a Pro. Their fee is not bad if you consider the possible alternative of having a 50 acre, unfishable, water hole that you can't even swim in. Greg would be my choice in that part of the world.

BTW, the larger bluegill are your breeding stock. I would go easy on keeping them until I knew more about the total picture.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP