Jwwann, my preferred hook is a #8, but I will move up or down one size depending on conditions. Having that larger gape means you can get by with a larger hook when the fish are cooperative and not overly conditioned, which it sounds like yours are not.

I would probably start with a #6 and see how willing the fish are, provided that size is appropriate for your bait of choice. I also mash down the barb.

If you're worried about deep hooksets, try a simple, plain jighead with bait rather than a hook. The horizontal presentation might cost you a hookset on a long cast now and then, but the chances of deep sticking a fish are greatly reduced.

Patrick, my feeding routine has remained basically the same from day one. I feed AQ500 once a day, by hand...in the evening. My usual procedure is to feed the HBG pond first, walking the entire perimeter while doing so. Then I move on to the other ponds, which takes about 10-15 minutes. When I return to the HBG pond, I evaluate how well the fish are/have fed....floating feed on the water w/little activity, I'm done. No feed left, I throw out some more. In my opinion that is the greatest benefit of hand feeding vs. an auto feeder...every day is custom tailored to the fish's wants. And believe me, it can change from day-to-day.

The AQ500 is 41% protein, which may be higher than a BG really needs. But, I can't argue with the results, and I don't feel like experimenting with a program that's working thus far. Many start with the smaller 500, then progress up to 600 when the fish are ready, but I never did. It makes sense to upsize the pellets, from an energy expended/ results gained equation, especially on bigger fish, but again, I don't what to adjust what has worked well for me.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.