Food:

Whatever you can get that is high protein (40%+) and fish meal based. I use Purina AquaMax (now Sportifsh), but Silvercup and Zeigler is just as good. It all depends on what's available in your area. I can't get Silvercup or Zeigler locally, but Purina is readily available.

If you can get 'em, stock some HSB in the 10"-12" range and feed them 1/4" sized fish pellets. Feed as much as they will consume in 15 minutes. It's best to feed the exact same time every day, from the same spot. The fish will get used to the feeding schedule and will be waitinf for you. There's solar powered automatic feeders on the market too. I use one on my personal pond, as I'm not home every evening or every morning to hand feed the fish. Feed until the water temps drop into the lower 50°F range, and resume when it hits that in the Spring.

You can also stock Rainbow Trout in your pond for the Fall/Winter/Spring. They'll usually go belly up when water temps get above 70°F, so fish them out in the Spring.

At times, I'm an impatient person. I'd rather get them in now if they are available rather than wait until the Spring.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).